Kinetics ISOMax Sound Isolation Clips
|The Kinetics ISOMax Sound Isolation Clip is one of the most economical solution available for high STC walls, floors and ceilings. When your project calls for maximum soundproofing results, you need trusted, tested, UL-approved sound isolation products.|
We have used Kinetics ISOMax clips with success many times before. We have performed our own testing to verify the manufacturers' test results, so we know they will work for you too.
Using Kinetics ISOMax Sound Isolation Clips requires no special tools or fasteners. They are compatible with standard drywall products of any thickness. The drywall can be cut with standard drywall tools and the clips can be used with either 7/8" or 1 1/2" drywall furring channels. When you compare the field results, there is no better solution than our Kinetics ISOMax Sound Isolation Clips.
Kinetics ISOMax Sound Isolation Clips are used to eliminate the hard connection of the wall substrate to the actual structural members (studs, joists and trusses). Because of their unique design and the use of furring channels, the Kinetics Clip System actually supports the drywall, effectively floating and decoupling the assembly.
Noise creates energy waves that can actually vibrate through a partition; the lower the frequency the harder the waves are to stop. Floating/decoupling a wall or ceiling is the only way to effectively reduce the low frequency noise. Using our clips system in combination with acoustical caulks will help you do that.
- The ISOMax Sound Isolation Clips have two points of attachment making them of the most stable clips available.
- The ISOMax Clips contain more rubber than the alternative models and actually "nest" the channel, creating a better system.
- Sound Isolation Clips can be used with regular 7/8" drywall furring channel, available locally. For better performance, use 1 1/2" furring channel.
- The Kintics ISOMax clips contribute no combustible material to the wall/ceiling assembly, thereby creating no fire hazard.
- ISOMax Clips are designed, patented and made in the USA.
Things to Remember
We recommend that you use Sealtight Putty Pads for each electrical box and fan box. These putty pads to help combat sound bleed through the electrical box cutout. Can lights are not suggested but if you decide to install make sure to create and insulated boxed to house the fixture.
Eliminate all connections and gaps as much as possible. Remember that sounds will leaks out of your room like water from a cracked vase. Perpendicular surfaces should not touch, seams should be fully sealed with Silenseal Acoustical Sealant, double layers should be cross seamed and any openings must be designed with sound control in mind.