Privacy Duct Silencer
|Many times the ducting for heat and air is overlooked as a potential flanking path, sometimes reducing the effectiveness of our soundproofing design by up to 15%. Our Privacy Duct Silencers are designed to be the best performing insertable option for privacy between rooms. At 60" long and less than 10 lbs, these silencers are a cost effective and easy to install solution that will significantly reduce sound transmission from the fan motor and other airborne noises.|
- Terminal box throttling damper noise will not go through the attenuator wall into occupied space
- Eliminates box-to-box crosstalk noise
- To enable calculating the fan noise reduction through or past the terminal box to downstream components
- To substitute for double-wall duct in space where difficult offsets might occur
Privacy Duct Silencers are compatible with rigid metal ductwork (round or square), and any flexible ducting. Silencers are sized according to diameter of the existing duct. The installation is as simple as making a 60" cutout in the existing duct and inserting the silencer, taping the joints, and you are done.
- Isolate Home Theater noise to adjacent rooms or upstairs
- Eliminate room to room noise from shared ducts in offices/plants
- To reduce fan noise from large HVAC units in commercial/hotels
- Stop fan noise traveling down the main duct to downstream discharges
Construction Detail of Privacy Duct Silencer
|2-Ply Metal Sleeve
The exterior sleeve is constructed with two plys of aluminum permanently fused together and corrugated, creating a continuous inner and outer surface that is airtight, flexible, and strong. Inlet and outlet collars are then attached to the ends.
|Perforated Metal Core
The Privacy Duct Silencer core is constructed from one ply of perforated and corrugated aluminum with interlocked seams, folded flat and knurled for flexibility and strength.
|Fiberglass Insulation Wrap
The core is then completely wrapped with a blanket of fiberglass insulation.
|Length||10' standard (tip-to-tip)|
|Operating Temp||0-350° F|
|Working Pressure||20" WC + and -|
|Burst Pressure||40" WC|
|Metal Core||.0055" thick, AL 30003 - H111|
|Insulation||1.5" thick, .5 lb. density|