Privacy Safelight Cover
To maintain fire rated ceiling assembly integrity, as shown in manufacturer U.L. suspended & drywall ceiling listings, penetrations such as recessed light fixtures, speaker systems and HVAC diffusers must be protected. Typically fire rated ceiling tile material is used to field fabricate enclosures for ceiling light fixture penetrations.
Privacy Safelight Fire Rated Light Covers are an alternative solution from Sound Isolation Company to the awkward, labor intensive approach of field fabricating fire rated ceiling tile or drywall board into fixture enclosures. As detailed in many ceiling U.L. listed fire test designs, a variety of mineral wool board enclosures are shown for fixture protection. For these UL listed designs, offers Safelight UL Rated Light Covers for your consideration.
Privacy Safelight Covers are available to accommodate a variety of light fixture sizes: 2' x 4'and 2' x 2' fluorescents, recessed can or high hat style light fixtures and speaker boxes. Even custom sizes for your fire rated ceiling assembly per UL listings and required by Building Code for various fire rated construction assemblies.
Our Privacy Safelight UL Rated Light Covers are fabricated from high temperature, noncombustible, rigid mineral fiber board; Fire Rated Light Covers are supplied at 1-1/4"thick faced on one side for enhanced durability. Panels are custom cut and grooved to effortlessly fold into a standard box enclosure to accommodate specific light fixture dimensions and maintain a 1"fixture air space. Each kit is supplied with peel and stick insulation pins with washers to maintain necessary ventilation air space and secure the cover to the fixture. Pre cut end caps are provided with securing pins.
- SOUNDPROOFING: The prefab Safelight enclosure offers documented acoustical performance greatly improving speech privacy and reducing unwanted sound transmission through the ceiling. This performance is critical for sound proofing efforts.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: The lightweight (~ 12 pounds for a 2' x 4' light fixture) construction is quick and easy to install saving considerable labor time and money.
- SIMPLE: The use of peel and stick insulation pins provides a system that stays in place.
- DURABLE: The rigid board enclosure offers improved durability compared to traditional field constructed ceiling tile or mineral wool enclosures.
- THERMAL: Safelight material has an R value of 4.2 per inch at 75 F which will contribute to reduced energy costs.
- EASY: Covers easily slit to accommodate fixture or ceiling suspension wires and power cable saving time.
- GREEN: Privacy Safelight Covers are made from natural materials and have a recycled content of 80.6% (post –industrial).