Sealtight Putty Pads
SilenSeal Acoustical Sealant is a water-based sealant designed to reduce sound transmissions in walls and partition systems. Its primary function is to achieve and maintain the specific STC (Sound Transmission Class) value of the system design.
SilenSeal Acoustical Sealant remains permanently flexible and adheres firmly to wood or metal studs, concrete, gypsum board and most other types of building substrates.
Sealtight Putty Pads are easy to use and simple to install -- no tools are required and they are soft and pliable, even at low temperatures. No drying or curing is required.
Install Sealtight Putty Pads after the gypsum board is applied to one side of the wall and before it is closed in on the other side. Installing the Putty Pad after one side of the wall is covered with drywall requires some technique. The pad must be applied to the box and then either lapped over the front of the tile plate (if one is used) or excess material must be worked toward the front of the box and built up into a compressible gasket much like the pinched area of a pie crust. This gasket compresses between the front edge of the box and the gypsum board as it is installed.
- Two stage intumescence features aggressive expansion
- Endothermic fillers absorb heat & release water
- Highly adhesive formula stays put but allows movement
- Soft & pliable for easy installation
- No water-soluble expansion ingredients means better water resistance
- Excellent sound attenuation properties
- Reduces noise transmission
- UL Classified (up to 3 hours)