|Soundproof Barrier, also known as Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV), is the most widely used noise control solution for walls, floors and ceilings. Used and tested in thousands of projects, it is a recognized and proven industry standard in sound mitigation.|
Flexible soundproof vinyl barriers resist the passage of noise waves, and reduce the transmission of airborne noise. Our barriers will not rot, shrink, or cause corrosion and all have been UL tested and approved for use in walls and floors -- a requirement for commercial applications.
Today's commercial, institutional and residential projects require extra attention to ensure adequate privacy between spaces. It is common practice to place occupants with diverse businesses next to one another; many homes now have media rooms in the basement with living or sleeping space above. Institutional spaces are combining quiet areas and loud activity areas on the same floor, or stacking them on top of each other. In every case, soundproof barriers can provide the needed sound blocking.
- Soundproof Barrier is the most widely used noise control solution for walls, floors and ceilings.
- Soundproof Barrier is available in several weights and thicknesses ranging from 1/2 - 2 lbs.
- Available in 48" wide rolls to match framing of walls/ceilings.
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) approved U300, U400, V400, L500.
- Install quickly with a cap stapler (Crossfire) or button caps.
- 1/8" thick low profile Soundproof Barrier will not affect doors/windows.
- Ideal for installation on wood or metal framing.
- Easy to use, widely recognized and available for shipment today from 10 different US locations.